We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid-May multi-day drive and camping.

Track Junkie

Mid-May multi-day drive and camping.

Last edited by pawa_k2001; 02-25-2017 at 23:40.

Build thread enforcer

Track Junkie

I looked at the weather patterns. Early May has an average of 72 degrees during the day and 47 at night. Late May is 77 day and 52 night. There is less rain in April than May so early May may have less rain. Would May 6th-7th work for people?

Build thread enforcer

I know it's only a 5 degree difference, but I would suggest in the 2nd half of May. Just keep with the theme of doing drives on the 3rd or 4th weekend of the month. Once date is set, I can look into if I can make the overnight part of it. If not, then I would be more than happy to drive out on Saturday morning with any others who can't stay over night to catch the drive and come back to Asheville.

Still a n00b

This is not to be confused with our March First Drive event which will take us down to Sylva. I have no qualms with any campsite as long as there are plenty of trees to pitch a hammock. I'm also keen on keeping the theme 3rd or 4th week of the month. Keeping it the same area each month makes it easier for me to request off, etc. I'd even be down to leave Friday night and camp somewhere Friday night too. Im not worried about temperature difference. Linville Gorge hike is end of March/early April if any of you guys wanna come along. Multi-day, about 30 miles. Trying to do it in four days so there is plenty of relaxing time.

Track Junkie

Didn't want to reply to this until I had some answers for my schedule.

There are some problems with the 3rd and 4th weekend for my brother and I. 3rd weekend is my brothers wife's birthday and Friday evening before May 27th my mother is coming back from an out of country trip so there is a good chance that the family will be meeting. I found out that my mother will not be in the states for Mother's Day so I have that date available.

Would May 6th-7th or May 13th-14th work for anyone? I know it goes against what people were asking for but I am trying to work around the dates I have available.

Build thread enforcer

+ Reply to Thread