We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 VW GTI Expedition Vehicle Build?!

Track Junkie

2013 VW GTI Expedition Vehicle Build?!

Well, the time has come, decided to modify the GTI. I have always been dreaming of roadtripping to Alaska and I may have a chance to do just that next year. I learned a lot from my 2015 2 month roadtrip, one of the biggest lessons I learned is that 18" wheels just don't cut it and GTIs don't have enough ground clearance.

Due to plans calling for a lot of gravel roads, I need better tires and more ground clearance. I talked to Tyler and he will be building me a 1" lift kit. On top of that I will be running 16" wheels with oversized tires, I am going with 215/60/16. There tires will lift my GTI an additional 1/2" due to being 1" larger in overall diameter.

My GTI somewhere on the Million Dollar Highway in 2015. Stock. Well, except the tint, I had it tinted so I can sleep inside the car when hotels are expensive and camp sites can't be found.

Build thread enforcer

Track Junkie

My start. Fitting a used 215/60/16 tire. In combination with a 1" lift, it should do the trick.

Build thread enforcer

+ Reply to Thread