My revised plan idea:
- Open to 1980's only build off or let in 1990's for more choice.
- $5000 total build, including purchase of car, modifications, safety, tires and maintenance.
- Run a spec size tire. Everyone buys the same tire.(a tire we agree on)
- Every part has a fair value. You can't pull "free" parts off the shelf in your garage. If you have a part on the shelf, a value needs to be assigned to it.
- Car has to have all body panels on the exterior.
- Car has to have a dashboard.
- Only front door glass can be missing.
- The competition would be held at a track day, most likely CMP.
- Fastest time wins but it's not that simple..
-- Each session you miss due to car being broken/etc adds 1 second to your fastest lap time. (Open to revisions)
-- Car breaking down during a session adds .5 of a second to fastest lap. Breakdown is when you have to pit(to resolve an issue) or stop. Only exception is flat tire.
-- Car has to be driven to and from track. Breakdown to or from track is a penalty. We would have to figure out what that penalty would be, most likely a time penalty added to fastest lap.