We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekly dinner

Weekly dinner

When: Thursday Evenings - 6:45ish
    Where: UJ's on Haywood Road

hey, who would be up for the idea of a weekly dinner? aren't too many of us at the moment so it shouldn't be too hectic... I know pav will suggest UJs, which i'm cool with...

thoughts?

Track Junkie

Don't know if weekly but I like the idea.

We welcome anyone to join us for our Thursday night dinners. These dinners are just relaxed atmosphere where people can kick back and have fun. Sometimes we call this a support group for broken cars since most of us a incomplete/forgotten project that we say we will get to one day.

There are 2 locations we get together at. 90% of the time we are at UJs but if UJs is packed, we are across the street at Westville Pub. If there is ever a Thursday during which we don't get dinner, someone will post on this thread before the dinner to let everyone else know about the change of plans.

When: Thursday Evenings - 6:45ish
    Where: UJ's or Westville Pub on Haywood Road

Universal Joint - 784 Haywood Rd Asheville, NC 28806

Westville Pub - 777 Haywood Road, Asheville, NC 28806

Build thread enforcer

every other weeks works well too.... just something to start bringing people together again

Track Junkie

What days work for you?

Build thread enforcer

any day except for Mondays personally.

Track Junkie

Tray, make the decision on which day. I posted a link to this thread through fb messages to some people but nobody answered here.

Build thread enforcer

Track Junkie

Btw, I can make event page for this on facebook. You want to run it under WNCRides dinner?

Build thread enforcer

Still a n00b

Availability

I can do as often as weekly, any days except Monday and Friday.
    Daily - 2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT / 255whp 222wtq
    AutoX - 2004 Honda S2000 / 229whp 161wtq

mike is out on mondays and fridays.... so how about we pick Thursdays?

a note i just made to Cody is that I'm a fan of a mid-week dinner because: Friday and Saturday are busier days out and about in the evening. Parking is more annoying, getting space for 4+ people is longer, etc... everyone has the idea of going on on weekends. I also don't want to always compete with other plans folks might have for Friday/Saturday evenings.

So I'm just looking for a weekly thing that we get together to hang out, discuss club business if needed, enjoy food/drinks, and plan drives. Hopefully a few of us can commit to weekly and others come when they can... or maybe it becomes a bi-weekly thing we do. Also, open to ideas of location. UJs is nice, but parking and space is very limited - as we discovered trying to get 12 people together recently. Cody suggested Buffalo Wild Winds on Tunnel Road.

as for FB event... i prefer to leave it just as a personal invite for now if the person isn't on the forum yet.

Track Junkie

Sounds good. If you decide on the FB event page later, I can make it private so people that are invited can only see. I am ok with other places that are not UJs. If we can, I would love to do local places and on a warm evening outdoors would be nice.

Also, I work until 6pm and my job is in Flat Rock. I always have to drop off a person that rides with me first. This is the reason I can be at UJs only at 6:45pm. I drop the person off at West Asheville, only after that I can head to the place we are eating at. The further away from West Asheville, the longer it will take me to get there.

Build thread enforcer

I'm good with B Dubs. The bad part about local, is a lot are in downtown, leaving parking spots much to be desired. If anyone has another local place that has easy accessible parking, I'm down. I can attend every couple of weeks, but they'd have to be north-west Asheville for me since I'm not a local. I'm down though. Will stay subbed to this post.

i love the idea of local as well... it might take some time to find just the "right spot" that works for us... but we can keep brainstorming and putting out ideas. I'm fine with 6:45-7... sorry we keep forgetting you work until 6.

Thursdays... 6:45ish... UJs on Haywood to start us off... if we need to find a new place, we can discuss it at dinner one week

great time tonight. good to see Bryan come out. hopefully he'll be back again soon.

+ Reply to Thread