We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to wncrides but not to wnc

Bone Stock Loser

New to wncrides but not to wnc

Hey guys! I'm Nieman, and I've been in WNC for 12 years-ish now, moved here from California when I was 6. Anyways I drive an '09 Forester N/A with the 4-speed automatic tranny, completely stock. I love my car, but the drivetrain is obviously less powerful than I'd like. So I'm hoping to be able to save enough cash to do a STI swap to it, as most of the parts from an '08 STI will swap to my car! I've been so excited to do it even though it's still quite out of reach.

I hope to see you guys at some meets soon!

welcome! what about a flat-6 swap from an SVX? ... stock is beautiful...

wna go fast and turn left Kevin A. Parra's Avatar

Given that your 18 and that iwas this age and had the same thoughts let me save you time and lots of headaches. Save your money and buy an sti off the bat. Other than that welcome! Hope you enjoy your car and come to the meetings.
    BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bone Stock Loser

Would there be any advantage to the flat-6? I figured it's be easier to use a STI engine it's built enough to handle some extra boost, and the engine mounts are in the same place.

Also maybe I like headaches! Don't get me wrong, owning an STI would be great, but I love the size, shape, and space of the Forester. Plus there's few STI SH Foresters, so I'd like the unique-ness.

Good luck swapping an EG33 in haha check out the EZ30D. Less wiring, more power, and OBDII

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Bone Stock Loser

Okay well maybe I should mention my goals with it, ~300 hp with room for more later, as a on-road performance driving oriented car. Similar to this, as an end result. But since I have the N/A car and don't want an automatic, I planned to swap engine, transmission, rear-diff and struts all from a donor salvage STI. I've heard the frame is nearly the same, for example any 08 STI exhaust will bolt on to the Forester SH, no mods required. Check out this STI to SH swap for more entertainment.

Bone Stock Loser

The video gives a good explanation of the similarities.

another member has a Forrester with the flat-6 in it... interesting little car.

+ Reply to Thread