We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 G8 GT "Storm Trooper"

2009 G8 GT "Storm Trooper"

2009 G8 GT Sport Package, Onyx/Red Leather, L76 6.0 364 V8 w/dod, rated at 361hp/385tq from the factory, 6L80 6 speed Automatic Transmisson w/ normal, sport & manual mode, FE2 Tuned Suspension, 19" Sport Wheels, Factory Dual Exhaust, Sport Pedals & Steering Wheel, IRS, LSD with 2.92 gears. Current mods on mine are as follows; Ported intake manifold and throttle body, rotofab cold air intake, mid muffler replaced with an x-pioe, solo performance axle back, custom dyno tune to engine and transmission with dod disabled where she put out 346/370, lowering springs, tinted windows and custom paint to lower front facia and grill. Future mods will include LT headers, cam swap and completely doing away with all DOD hardware, yella terra full roller rocker arms, replace INT/EXH valves with lighter LS3 valves, stall converter, and 5th gen camaro differential with 3.27 or 3.45 gears. Little history on these cars, these like the 04-06 GTO are built by Holden in Australia and the engineering/crafstman and quality are by far leaps and bounds better than anything made by GM in America. This car is essentially a 4 door camaro or as I should say the camaro is a 2 door version of Holden Commodore VE(Pontiac G8) as if it wasn't for these cars and Holden GM would have never brought the camaro back. They have a rich racing heratige in the V8 super car series in Australia and is much better than NASCAR if your able to watch it.

uploadfromtaptalk1451920200906.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1451920221058.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1451920280398.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1451920312525.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1451920337307.jpg

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Track Junkie

Awesome car. Love to watch V8 Supercars when I can, always fun. Once the weather starts getting warmer, we will start having some drives, you should join.

Build thread enforcer

Also the L76 engine is basically the a updated version of the LS2 used in the 05 and up GTO, Corvette, CTS-V and Trail Blazer SS until it was replaced in America with the lS3. What the L76 and LS2 have in common is they use the same block with the same bore and stroke crankshaft. Some will argue about them being different block due to the LS2 never having DOD/VVT etc but if you remove the valley cover on a LS2 you will see the bosses used for mounting the DOD hardware. The L76 does have a slightly lower compression ratio than the LS2 for it to be compatible with 87 octane. What makes the L76 respond so well to miss is the high flowing rectangle port LS3 style cylinder heads vs the LS6 style cathedral port used in the LS2. This style of head has the pushrod moved over to the side to create a more straight shot intake runner requiring a offset rocker arm. Antoher difference for the lower HP rating than the LS2 is the DOD camshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
    Awesome car. Love to watch V8 Supercars when I can, always fun. Once the weather starts getting warmer, we will start having some drives, you should join.
    I definitely will when I can. This year is gonna be tough to get out with me working weekend nights.

If I bought a used sedan for performance this would be it. Sounds like a solid list of modifications you've done. I deal with people from Australia now and again i tell them they get all the fun cars. I love the front fascia of the Commodore.
    Hyundai it's the Rodney Dangerfield of the automotive world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanMR2 View Post
    I'm too afraid I would masturbate furiously while watching it and feel bad. I hear that is typically what happens.

needs a nice blower sticking out of the hood =]

Quote Originally Posted by Code AiR View Post
    If I bought a used sedan for performance this would be it. Sounds like a solid list of modifications you've done. I deal with people from Australia now and again i tell them they get all the fun cars. I love the front fascia of the Commodore.
    I love the Commodor front end but love the Pontiac front end more or I'd do a conversion on it. Still want a set of HSV front fenders for it. Now if I had the SS sedan I'd definitely do a conversion

2009 White Hot G8 GT, 6.0L 364 CI L76
    Last edited by woodyda1; 01-06-2016 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1_fd3s View Post
    needs a nice blower sticking out of the hood =]
    Lol that would be wicked. But it would have to be one that I could turn off and on like ol Rockatansky

2009 White Hot G8 GT, 6.0L 364 CI L76

+ Reply to Thread