We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In memory of Wilke

In memory of Wilke

I just wanted to take a moment to remember a friend. This morning I was told that a good friend of many of us in the Asheville car scene passed away yesterday (Dec 28th, 2015) after an accident involving a farm truck.

Wilke Renwick moved to Asheville a few years ago from VA. He had a Nissan 240 that was a never ending project. Along the way he got an AE86 that he sold to Jon at some point... After a few years here, he moved out to Cali to work on a farm and had plans to move to Colorado.

So I would like to ask anyone with a story of Wilke to please share it here so those who didn't know in when he was with us can hopefully get to know the man he was.

One of my stories is meeting him for wings at Northside Grill when it was still open. I was the first car person he met when he moved. And as you got to know Wilke, you realized he was always on "Wilke time"... but he was always good people to be around.

The last time I saw him was at a friend's wedding in Sept.

Track Junkie

Didn't get to meet him but it always sad to hear a fellow auto enthusiast passed away.

Build thread enforcer

wna go fast and turn left Kevin A. Parra's Avatar

Just saw this. Ran into John the other day kayaking and he told me more about how it happened. Big loss to us all.
    BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread