We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gauging interest in multipe day driving event

Track Junkie

Gauging interest in multipe day driving event

I have been thinking about an idea for some time. Trying to gauge the interest to see if it would grow into anything.

Who would be interested in making a multiple day drive/camping/hanging out/etc. The plan would be a lot of great roads, stops for food, photos, stops at car related museums or exhibits, stops at scenic places and camping with a campfire at pre-set locations.

I was thinking about a 3 day, 2 night drive that would cover North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Virgina. It would be a loop. This would need a lot of planning so commitment would be important.

Nothing is planned yet so the trip can be shorter and include almost anything. Also, people can invite friends and their wives/girlfriends.

Build thread enforcer

wna go fast and turn left Kevin A. Parra's Avatar

Hmmm interested in this!

Sent from my HS_10DTB12A using Tapatalk
    BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be interested time and money permitting

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Track Junkie

Thanks for the interest guys. I have this posted is some other locations and the response has been better than I expected.

I don't have the maps in front of me but this would be the route. This is the southern loop, I am still working on the northern loop. Let me know what you think.

- Day 1: Asheville to Chattanooga via back roads. Mostly twisty. Couple of planned stops, highlight being in Chattanooga. Spend a night south of Chattanooga.

- Day 2: Roll out for Birmingham Alabama via freeway. 1.5 hour drive to Barber Motorsport Park Museum. Spend 4 hours at the museum and take the freeway for Atlanta.
    --- Near Atlanta we have 2 options. 1. Drive into Atlanta and enjoy some lunch on the 73rd floor in a downtown building(not to expensive). 2. Drive to Atlanta Motorsport Park for some outdoor go-karting. Either way we end up in Helen Georgia for the night.

- Day 3: Early risers do a partial Helen Loop plus Blood Mountain, back at Helen by 10:30am. Meet up with late risers and take the back roads through South Carolina to Highland, NC. Food and pictures by the waterfall in Highlands and everyone heads home back to Asheville.

Build thread enforcer

+ Reply to Thread