We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Token Japanese Guy

The Token Japanese Guy

So, I'm Dan, the Japanese guy of the group. Currently 19 as of this posting. I'm currently attending AB Tech (hopefully transferring into a Mechanical Engineering program at University of North Carolina Asheville).

I love working on cars, but I don't consider it something I would do as a career or for a living. It's more of a hobby for me. I've spent 6 months (Jan-Jun 2015) employed at Joyner's Bavarian Motor Repair in downtown Asheville learning how to service various BMW vehicles. Deep down though, I'm a Honda guy....

My love for Honda's started when my father inherited a 1989 Civic Wagon RT4WD from my grandfather. I saw him go through and build it up to a pretty respectable looking car. I was promised the car for my 16th birthday as a first car, but sadly it was sold away before I could take possession. I made it my goal to find another one for myself.

Anyways, other things about me? I've lived in Japan twice for ~3 years each time, I'm a fluent speaker of Japanese, and I may even plan another trip to Japan.

Yes I love Ramen, Sushi, stereotypical Japanese food etc. etc.
    NO I don't like Anime/Hentai/Manga (aside from Initial D/Wangan Midnight)

So yeah....that's me....

Track Junkie

Welcome! All of this and no pictures?

Build thread enforcer

Need pics!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't know how to upload pics

link from FB... go to FB, click on a pic to show it, right click and select "Copy Image Location"... come over here, type in [img] then 'paste' the Image Location you copied from FB [/img]... should ending up looking something like:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EX0IO8ecOqA/VK7hKKLhTCI/AAAAAAAABHs/Jf1VsdAGbF4/w602-h452-no/IMG-20130514-00188.jpg[/img]

wna go fast and turn left Kevin A. Parra's Avatar

Konichiwa Daniel San. Love the car choice. I too have a weird affinity for Honda cars.

Sent from my HS_10DTB12A using Tapatalk
    BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I haven't really had time to get on the forum (mostly due to my increasing hatred for Tapatalk), but now that I have my computer connected I'm just now sitting down and typing away...

So in the time being, I've painfully decided to let my dear Civic Wagon go. I traded the vehicle to a gentleman (a real fucking idiot I tell you) from Kanapolis, NC in exchange for 2 cars (of which I shall not name in the time being). The last 2 minutes with the car was just surreal. It was like just realizing the impact of my decision when I was taking the key's off of my key chain. This quickly led to tears, and next thing you know I'm crying over the sight of the last time I may see my pride and joy.

I have a fear that the fate of the Civic is sealed with the current owner, whether it blows up, is wrecked, or even stolen and chopped for parts. I really hated to do it since it's dangerously close to Gastonia, NC AKA "the place where Honda's go to die". Regardless, I plan to keep an eye on it from a distance and make sure he takes care of the car. Deep down, I'm promising myself that I will find another Civic Wagon; Only it will either be the one I traded away or an RT4WD wagon. I just think that this trade offer was my chance to move up in the auto world. The Civic WAS a salvage/rebuilt title versus the clean titles on the two I received, so that's a plus.

The new car I have is definitely a new beast to conquer in it's entirety and have HUGE shoes to fill, both mechanically and in my heart. There's so much that I will need to adjust in my driving style to properly drive this car not to mention the factory turbo. Oh well, enough babbling from me...

Track Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Danier-San View Post
    There's so much that I will need to adjust in my driving style to properly drive this car not to mention the factory turbo. .
    You will drop this and not name the car?! Thats like leaving someone with a case of blue balls.

But really, congrats on the trade. Not because you got rid of your Honda but because you traded a salvage to clean title. I have had more than a few salvage titles, they are not worth the time and money invested into them.

Build thread enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Danier-San View Post
    ...in exchange for 2 cars (of which I shall not name in the time being)...
    why say what the cars are? are you ashamed of them? what do you have to hide that you don't trust friends to know?

In for car! What is turbo maybe an fc?

Sent from my HS_10DTB12A using Tapatalk

Bone Stock Loser

Hey man I'm at AB-Tech also, maybe I'll see you around. And I'm sure you'll get your hands on another Civic sometime!

Reveal!?!?

I don't want to reveal the car simply because its not running yet.

Kinda shitty for me to drop the tease, but I don't want to make any unrealistic expectations about the car. To me it's like bragging about doing something you may or may not do.

I will give you a hint though.

-The car looks identical to a car from a certain anime/manga series.
    -In the series, the car makes an appearance during a race in my family's hometown/prefecture of Kanagawa, Japan.
    -The driver likes to "cheat" the apex on certain corners, specifically after corner 33.

I know I know! Can't tell tho. Very impressive to say the least once complete

Track Junkie

This is bullshit!

We demand answers!

Build thread enforcer

hm.... maybe it's an 86... or EG hatch... or an S14??

The car should be ready here in a few days. Even after I get it back it's still in a fragile state and needs work done on it. Therefore I won't be able to go on any drives in the next few weeks.
    Here's another hint
    • Its not a convertible, but it's also not a hardtop vehicle. It's sorTa....inbeTween perhaps....
    • Did I mention it's turbocharged? Well it has a factory twin scroll turbo.

Track Junkie

I need to watch more of those videos so I can guess. Make sure you make a build thread, would love to follow the journey.

Build thread enforcer

DAMMIT. Now I have to watch all of season 1 again! Wait! I now know what it is. I will not divulge the Turbo and not a convertible not a hardtop gave it away as a sidenote I'm still going to watch that episode dammit! I don't remember that guy cutting any corners.

Well I'm supposed to get the car back either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I will say the car is not from the first season of said show.

Right. It may be the second season. I know what it is though. Pics anyways?!

Track Junkie

Build thread enforcer

Tuesday it is.

Unless the transmission has issues. I will flip my shit if it has issues.

It is Wednesday still no pics?!?!?!

i bought a non-running car too... didn't even come with an engine!!! =]

+ Reply to Thread