We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the rx7 guy who owns this club...

the rx7 guy who owns this club...

well, i'll start off the intro threads... I'm Tray, the owner of WNCRides. Some friends and I bought ownership of this club in late 2009 from the founder, Eric Mack. Since then, life has happened and all but myself from that group have either gotten out of cars/car clubs or moved from the area.

In early 2012, Jon and I stepped down as admin and over the next few months/years attempted to sell ownership of the club to various other people. None of these deals ever worked out. Though I wasn't always "active", I did keep an eye on the group and those who were running it. I even came back as an admin for the primarily Facebook based club a few months ago. The last round of admins again had the offer to buy me out and I would walk away. The offer was on the table for several months (possibly over a year?) but they never did come up with my asking price of $300. This was mainly just for me to recover a little bit of my costs of ownership for the past several years, hosting costs, software license, etc. It was also to see if they were serious and would take the ownership of the club seriously.

And after seeing the direction they were talking the club and hearing from many folks who didn't like the direction they were taking the club, I took my offer off the table and took away their permission to use the name... so there is the history of the past few years.

Now, about me... I'm an rx7 guy. I have 2 1993 rx7s, one with a 383ci LT-1 (and lacking a transmission at the time of this post...) and the other is in a very slow process of receiving a 20B with ITBs (there is a build thread around here somewhere). So with both those cars down, I daily a miata with ITBs and wide body.

Once I get some decent pics of my cars, I'll post them up.

and some pics of my red FD...
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread