We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ***** Oct 2015 Meet - Oct 24th *****

***** Oct 2015 Meet - Oct 24th *****

When: Oct 24th, 2015 2p -> after dinner
    What: Parkway cruise to Mount Mitchell then dinner.
    Where: Meeting at Edna's of Asheville - 870 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC 28804 (map) - parkway to Mount Mitchell, Dinner TBD.

How: At 2p, we will gather at Edna's, parking at the end of Sav-Mor's parking lot (behind BB&T). Feel free to grab a drink from Edna's (I know I plan to).

Approx 2:20p we will make our way to our cars, and figure out the order of movement. By 2:30p we will roll out and take Beaverdam Rd (beside Ingle's) to Elk Mountain Scenic Hwy. We will follow Elk Mountain Scenic to the top, turning Right at the stop sign (down hill) towards the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once at the Parkway, we will turn Left and go North on the parkway, towards Craggy Gardens and Mount Mitchell.

We may make a single 10-15 min stop on the way to Mount Mitchell, but most likely we will just drive right up to the mountain.

Based on the general consistences of the group, we will decide where to grab dinner and when to head back to Asheville. We will also discuss the route back, we might drop down Ox Creek into Weaverville if we need to kill time before folks are hungry.

***** Meet and Drive Policy *****

While at WNCRiDES meets and drives, ABSOLUTELY NO RECKLESS DRIVING WILL BE TOLERATED!
    This means no breaking of traffic laws. No burnouts, drifting, passing on double yellow lines, unsafe driving, and anything else that would potentially put you OR other motorists in danger.

This includes but it not limited to:

Excessive revving
    Burnouts
    Drifting
    Crossing double yellow lines
    Racing at a meet
    General Reckless Driving
    Speeding
    Improper Parking

Ricer behavior will not be tolerated. If you choose to break these simple rules you will be asked to leave and be banned if you repeat such behaviors. These rules are not meant to insult your driving ability, nor are they intended to keep you from having fun. We simply want to ensure that everyone is safe at all of our meets and events.

Pav are you in? Ima take a look at my schedule and see

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Track Junkie

Depends. The move I am in the middle of and my car maintenance. The biggest if is the move.

Build thread enforcer

Crap. I have a wedding to attend that day 😢

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

so who all is thinking about attending tomorrow?

Track Junkie

I will be there.

Build thread enforcer

Auditistic deutschbag! QuattroKid's Avatar

Hope to have the s4 ready by the next one. If not will be in the dirty dub.

+ Reply to Thread