We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: A little Seoulful

I will go out in an hour or so and try to get some better footage. I didn't want to wake the neighbors up at 11pm lol.

https://youtu.be/qKlgLQ1PUz4

I will post up some more pictures when the engine looks better. It has some old used parts on it at the moment so they aren't as visually appealing as what I have in mind.
    Last edited by Code AiR; 01-18-2016 at 13:37.
    Hyundai it's the Rodney Dangerfield of the automotive world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanMR2 View Post
    I'm too afraid I would masturbate furiously while watching it and feel bad. I hear that is typically what happens.

https://youtu.be/Jp6R4pelK-U

A little better video. Horrible wind noise though.
    I'm too afraid I would masturbate furiously while watching it and feel bad. I hear that is typically what happens.

Just finished the first oil change on the new/rebuilt engine. Oem oil filters are massive compared to the k&n ones I am used to. The old break in oil didn't have any metal shavings in it. So things look good so far. I do have a vacuum leak somewhere. I have been trying to figure that one out.

It's not big enough to effect the drivability of the car. I am also getting some inaccurate o2 readings. Over the weekend I am going to double check all the valve cover bolts, all vacuum lines, change my spark plugs, and double check my throttle body.

I checked all the bolts on the intake manifold. I also checked the throttle body.

So open headers became old really quick lol. I was having headaches from the noise and carbon monoxide. Monday I went to an exhaust shop to have my prior exhaust fixed and to have my high flow cat fixed as well. The high flow cat had a three bolt flange I needed it to have a two bolt. The previous exhaust was bottle necked. So it was a 2.25 piping going into a 2.5. I can't tell any difference in the sound except at higher rpms. The acceleration is a night and day difference. The car shifts a lot smoother and the power is a lot more linear, the car doesn't feel like it is struggling to accelerate anymore.

Only problems I am having are a slight leak in the radiator, a vacuum leak, and my brake pads. I am still debating on whether or not I want to have the mishimoto radiator welded up or not. The vacuum leak I am unsure of. I believe it's either the pcv hose, injector o-ring, or the fire wall bank oxygen sensor. I know the sensor is bad but I don't believe it would cause both banks to read lean? The vacuum leak is minor it is not effecting the deliverablity of the car, the code is off, and on as well. The brake pads will probably be the most expensive replacement. I believe they are $180ish I cannot remember since I have to order through Rotora.

Some friends and I decided to do a random road trip to Asheville last weekend. One of my friends snagged a couple of pictures while we were there. Nothing new with the car for the moment.

So I decided a couple of weeks ago to ditch the Rotora BBK. I can't justify spending $500 on front rotors for a tiburon. When upgrading brakes the tiburon community favors the XG350 calipers (it is like a bigger nice sonata). The calipers bolt right up no modification needed. So I went from a one piston (oem tiburon), to a four pistion (Rotora), to now a two pistion (XG350) caliper. Two pistons should still give me plenty of braking power. I am just waiting on them to be powder coated. I decided to go with gelbgrun. Yes I like my euro colors. It's very similar to the color below. Once I get some extra money I am going to send the blower off.

Track Junkie

Nice.

Did you ever get the blower installed?

Build thread enforcer

Not yet. When I get my calipers back I am going to save up some money to have it rebuilt and powder coated.

Finally switched out the calipers. I decided to go with another brighter color. The RAL color I picked wasn't cutting it.

+ Reply to Thread