We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul's Form Follows Function Journal - E46 BMW M3

Track Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by encasedmetal View Post
    I take it the vettes are slow because of the lack of driver experience? Kinda like when the miatas eat up the field when the rest of the driver's aren't up to par? We should hang some time btw- I live in building 9, and Zeff is in building 14 I think.
    Yea, the Vette drivers are not the best. Also my car is setup for corners. I wouldn't mind getting together sometime.
    ----
    I think I found the reason my wheel was shaking on the second day at VIR. :shifty:

This is the front wheel. Chunks of rubber.

Build thread enforcer

Oh, wtf? Where did you pick that stuff up?

Did you go out wide a bit

Track Junkie

If you push the tire to its limit, it get hot and starts peeling. Some of that is from my tire while most is from other cars. Its just pick up at the track.

Build thread enforcer

An e46 came into GMW few days ago for a track inspection... Same chunks of rubber Alllllll over!

Today we had a GT3 RS 997 for a track inspection also
    Last edited by pezho405; 06-21-2012 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
    If you push the tire to its limit, it get hot and starts peeling. Some of that is from my tire while most is from other cars. Its just pick up at the track.
    Interesting. I knew that the tires melted but I didn't realize some could get collected inside the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by pezho405 View Post
    An e46 came into GMW few days ago for a track inspection... Same chunks of rubber Alllllll over!

Today we had a GT3 RS 997 for a track inspection also
    Was it white with blue? That's the only GT3 RS I've seen around. Obviously there could be more, but I'm not lucky enough to seem them!

Track Junkie

Sold my M3 and the R32...

Build thread enforcer

wna go fast and turn left Kevin A. Parra's Avatar

And bought a honda because you realized they were ftw?!
    BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Track Junkie

Lol. If I ever get a Honda, it would be a NSX or S2000. For now, I am left with 2 VW GTIs and a diesel F-250. Next project will be to swap a ALH diesel in one of the GTIs.

Build thread enforcer

rawr

Quote Originally Posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
    Sold my M3 and the R32...
    sad fuckin day

rawr

Dude tell me you held on to the jaffster knob please please please, I want it.

Track Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Dude tell me you held on to the jaffster knob please please please, I want it.

I did. Now I can use it again.

Build thread enforcer

Track Junkie

Thanks to the guys who put me in contact with Steve from StampCo. While he wasn't able to do the work because of his schedule, he did put me in contact with Joel with Barber Raceworks in Greenville. Joel's shop is a mecca for E30 Spec race cars and Porsche 944s.

As some people know, I made a mistake of selling my M3 to my brother in July. 6 months later I asked him to buy it back, no luck. So I started my search for the next M3. After looking around, I didn't find anything within the price range with the mods that I had. A friend of mine showed me a M3 on an auto auction. It was a 2006 M3 Competition Package. I decided to place a bid on it and I won. The damage to the car was rear end collision. While I know that most people look down on salvage vehicle, I will try show you guys how someone can fix a salvage vehicle properly.

Since the M3 was wrecked in the rear, I bought a brand new floor pan. For anyone that knows E46 M3s, they have a problem with torn rear floor pans. I decided to make this floor pan bullet proof. I am been buying various parts for the M3 over the last couple of months. The floor pan got done yesterday and I also received my Apex ARC-8 18x9.5" ET22 wheels yesterday. Got a fantastic deal on a group guy. The original Competition wheels were sold/ traded to my brother. He was not happy with the AST suspension so I traded the wheels plus cash for suspension.

Last edited by pawa_k2001; 03-07-2013 at 18:08.

Build thread enforcer

Track Junkie

Joel does very good work. Once the car is ready, I will have him build me the reinforcement cage for the rear floor pan.

Build thread enforcer

love the direzza star spec z1 tires, i have them on my s14... but unforunetly, its time for new tires

Track Junkie

They just introduced the new Star Spec Direzza II. Supposed to be better all around.

Build thread enforcer

Lots of work ahead, but I'm still jealous. Congrats!

Track Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Lots of work ahead, but I'm still jealous. Congrats!
    Thanks Ryan. The car is going to the shop tomorrow. They said that it will take 2-3 weeks to finish. Can not wait to be back in a M3 and get some track time. I really want to make it out to BMW Performance Center this year.

Build thread enforcer

wna go fast and turn left Kevin A. Parra's Avatar

I'm confuses wasn't your last one a 328i? Good luck with the new project man!
    BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-3 weeks isn't bad at all! Definitely need to get yourself down the the PC, just don't be mad when the Mini beats us all. lol

I've vowed to get my car up to VIR this year, either will BMW CCA or another group. I'm petrified and excited all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin A. Parra View Post
    I'm confuses wasn't your last one a 328i? Good luck with the new project man!
    it was an e46 m3 as well.

hey paul, what are u bringing to drive sunday?

Track Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    2-3 weeks isn't bad at all! Definitely need to get yourself down the the PC, just don't be mad when the Mini beats us all. lol

I've vowed to get my car up to VIR this year, either will BMW CCA or another group. I'm petrified and excited all at the same time.
    2-3 weeks is for them to finish. I have a lot of maintence parts that will be putting on. Full suspension/bushing refresh, vanos, wheels, tires, etc. If you decide to go to ViR this year, let me know when. I heard a lot of good about PCA. I have had experience with Track Daze at VIR, very nice group and a lot of run time.

Quote Originally Posted by S2kberlina View Post
    hey paul, what are u bringing to drive sunday?
    The GTI is down so I will be driving the pig(S4). The weather is looking perfect, can't wait!

Build thread enforcer

We will be making a stop at the gas station at the bottom of 178.....be warned.

Track Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ncmr2 View Post
    We will be making a stop at the gas station at the bottom of 178.....be warned.
    Lol thanks. I will make sure I start pumping my brake pedal early. If you see a lot of smoke behind you and a horn blast, get out the way, a train is coming through.

Build thread enforcer

+ Reply to Thread