We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi S4

That's a cold ass honky ChickenBreast408's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroKid View Post
    lol yea but I mean a few more rpm is nothing much really, I mean if it kicked in around 5k rpm I would be out of luck but I think it'll make peak boost at 26-32k rpm
    your audi turns 32,000 rpm's?

Auditistic deutschbag! QuattroKid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBreast408 View Post
    your audi turns 32,000 rpm's?
    Oh course doesn't your trans am? Lol fixed

Oh course doesn't your trans am? Lol fixed
    Lawlz. Put it back together yet?

Lawlz. Put it back together yet?
    Almost just a few more gaskets and little stuff left now

lol yea but I mean a few more rpm is nothing much really, I mean if it kicked in around 5k rpm I would be out of luck but I think it'll make peak boost at 2.6-3.2k rpm
    with the k26, Ima guessing you are gonne push your boost threshold up around 3500 / 3800 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by bluevr6 View Post
    with the k26, Ima guessing you are gonne push your boost threshold up around 3500 / 3800 rpm.
    idk with what I've done with the exhaust and the head Im sure it'll spool pretty quickly but we'll see when its running.

But update: New timing belt cause what the hell Im in there and just little stuff to do.

Also Painted this tonight to match and I think it looks badass!!!

Last edited by QuattroKid; 05-08-2012 at 23:31.

About to finish her tomorrow but she won't be driving around till next week

cars done and running for like over a week now......painte the last stuff so done for now

Doesn't give a damn...

what brand wastegate is that?
    i miss the sound from it and ive thought about swapping to an up pipe that has one for my car when i swap the headers

Quote Originally Posted by TurboAddiction View Post
    what brand wastegate is that?
    i miss the sound from it and ive thought about swapping to an up pipe that has oneor my car when i swap the headers
    It's a stock audi wastegate. I wish I knew what size it was

Doesn't give a damn...

Hmm didn't know audi used external wastegates as OE thats really cool and as far as what the size is just pull it and measure the manifold side opening that's how there rated for size IE 44mm wastegate has a 44mm opening.
    Also you might want to look at routing it to external dump if its not already. They did a comparison on SRTforums with a dyno with an external then routed the wastegate back in to the exhaust and there was a 20+ hp drop from the turbulence created from the wastegate being routed in to the exhaust they even redynoed it after making it an external dump and the power came back.
    plus the sound of raw non muffled exhaust is sex when its that close to the engine.

You're missing a bolt in your coil cover Lane,, that irks the shit out of me lol

Hmm didn't know audi used external wastegates as OE thats really cool and as far as what the size is just pull it and measure the manifold side opening that's how there rated for size IE 44mm wastegate has a 44mm opening.
    Also you might want to look at routing it to external dump if its not already. They did a comparison on SRTforums with a dyno with an external then routed the wastegate back in to the exhaust and there was a 20+ hp drop from the turbulence created from the wastegate being routed in to the exhaust they even redynoed it after making it an external dump and the power came back.
    plus the sound of raw non muffled exhaust is sex when its that close to the engine.
    Ah ok well I got a few laying around so ill measure one to find out

You're missing a bolt in your coil cover Lane,, that irks the shit out of me lol
    And i know. Gonna find another one today :P

Ok found it out that wastegate is a 30mm

So the s4's clutch went out friday night while I was coming home from work. SO it was fun driving it back home without a clutch xP

May I take your hat sir? ryanMR2's Avatar

It's nice until you feel like an asshole every time you pass a car, knowing you're blowing out their ear drums.

It's going to take $200 to re-route my dump tube back into my downpipe and I'm going to do it. The sound of a turbo whistle sounds much better than screaming exhaust. BUT it is fun to hear that scream when the boost kicks in.

I love the paint job, that engine bay looks great.

Doesn't give a damn...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanMR2 View Post
    It's nice until you feel like an asshole every time you pass a car, knowing you're blowing out their ear drums.

It's going to take $200 to re-route my dump tube back into my downpipe and I'm going to do it. The sound of a turbo whistle sounds much better than screaming exhaust. BUT it is fun to hear that scream when the boost kicks in.

I love the paint job, that engine bay looks great.
    i had a 10psi spring in the srt so i didnt hear it much with the 50trim but at 5psi it made more power than most cars so i never needed much for DD and when i was giving it shit i had the cutout open so the dump was overshadowed by the cutout

AW11, SW20 & SN95

Quote Originally Posted by ryanMR2 View Post
    That's only if you're shooting by someone at full boost and in that scenario IDK about anyone else but what's on my mind at full boost is "YOLO!!!!".

well the s4 is down and its getting ome stuff done to it that I've wanted to get done for a long time.
    Ok so heres the story to what happened. I was driving home from black jack training school in cherokee around 2am and the clutch went out. I went to shift and the pedal went straight to the floor.......so I drove it home that way, rev matching every gear on my way home. So I got gas at the only open gas station in sylva cause I knew that geting it in the morning was going to be way to hard. So in the morning I set off to black mountain to my fathers shop. Everytime I got on the gas alittle to much and the boost started to come up the clutch would slip like a mutha fukah.

lol the clutch is so toast.....

Aswell as the pressure plate

Don't forget the flywheel lol.......

So Im chaning the carpet and taking out the sound deading tar stuff. Aswell as other heavy bits are being takin out too.

So let me get this straight....

You burned up your clutch, soooooooo, your changing out your carpet....

Suuuure, makes sense.

rawr

Suuuure, makes sense.
    audi sense

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    audi sense
    HEY!!!!

The carpet has never been outta my Audi

Suuuure, makes sense.
    Cars down for a long period if time and taking the carpet out to change it to a black one. No more stains. Kevin you should know how much of a pain the c4 carpets are to get out of the car. Also Im taking out the sound deading out of thr floor boards.

leave the tar around the trans tunnel if you plan on keeping it on the road. You don't want the gear / exhaust drone at 3k rpm.

+ Reply to Thread