We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi S4

Auditistic deutschbag! QuattroKid's Avatar

Audi S4

Shortly Im going to be upgrading my S4 with a few parts and at the same time Im gonna replace some parts that are starting to make noise.

Im going to be replacing the cams with the 7a cams from the non turbo 20 valve engine. These cams have more lift and duration over the rpm range. Got the lifters and now waiting for the timing chain.

Then when my cars down on Im going to swap the old trans out for a newer one and install a stage two clutch aswell an aluminum flywheel.

That's a cold ass honky ChickenBreast408's Avatar

hell yea man. now stick that frankenturbo on there and this thing will be golden lol

someday.....someday.....I will have a monster turbo under the hood around a 70mm will be nice but thats later when I get the money for a 6000$ ground up rebuild on my engine :P oh yea forgot to say the cams just by themselves up the hp from 15-30 hp

Fomerly S4 Biturbo

One day my turbo's will go and I will get some Frankenturbos (along with a massive bill)... until then I yield to your S4 as the fastest, stoked to hear about the upgrades though. With the cams and flywheel you should see some significant improvements. Can't wait to get a ride after. BTW when is all this going down?

shortly.....very shortly, so within the next month or two it will be hopefully done but you know how cars can be sometimes

Ok well Ive decided that Im gonna go full RS2 upgrades.....I mean if you're gonna spend money why not go alittle more and get 100+ hp. So Im gonna be using: 034Motorsport aluminum flywheel and stage 2 clutch & pressure plate, 7a intake and exhaust cams (same/or better than the audi RS2 ones),bigger intercooler, RS2 MAF, RS2 injecters, RS2 turbo, RS2 exhaust manifold, and last but not least a chip/tune (all together over 4000$) but when its all said and done Im looking at having over 430 crank hp

Fomerly S4 Biturbo

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroKid View Post
    Ok well Ive decided that Im gonna go full RS2 upgrades.....I mean if you're gonna spend money why not go alittle more and get 100+ hp. So Im gonna be using: 034Motorsport aluminum flywheel and stage 2 clutch & pressure plate, 7a intake and exhaust cams (same/or better than the audi RS2 ones),bigger intercooler, RS2 MAF, RS2 injecters, RS2 turbo, RS2 exhaust manifold, and last but not least a chip/tune (all together over 4000$) but when its all said and done Im looking at having over 430 crank hp
    NOICE, I gotta get a ride when that's done

for sure man I give you in it when its done. Just called borgWarner who now owns triple K turbos now and the RS2 turbo is over 2000 new but our price in which we'll get if for about 1520$

Repainted the grill and the licence plate holder, hope they'll last longer

Well today I got the top part on the head torn down to springs so tomorrow Im gonna put it back together with the new lifters and 7A cams, my first of many upgrades on this car.
    First I removed the front cross member and the timing belt

then I moved onto the cams

rawr

Looking good

got her running to day but I havent got the pics uploaded. Broke it in today and cant wait to see what she'll do

ok guys I got a question for you! Which of these turbos do you think would be the best, give me some of your thoughts and reasons for why I should choose one or the other, I got no clue about either of these turbos but I know they are the ones I need for my car. Just which one makes more hp Im guess?

http://www.034motorsport.com/turboch...rbo-p-107.html

http://www.034motorsport.com/turboch...ger-p-196.html

Nice I like it!!!

I've never done anything with audi's but I'd say you'd prolly make more hp out of the 30r but faster spool out of the 3071... either way you can't go wrong with Garret.

May I take your hat sir? ryanMR2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroKid View Post
    ok guys I got a question for you! Which of these turbos do you think would be the best, give me some of your thoughts and reasons for why I should choose one or the other, I got no clue about either of these turbos but I know they are the ones I need for my car. Just which one makes more hp Im guess?

http://www.034motorsport.com/turboch...rbo-p-107.html

http://www.034motorsport.com/turboch...ger-p-196.html
    I'm guessing their GT30R is similar to what the rest of the world call the GT3076. It makes only slightly more hp at slightly less boost but you sacrifice some spool. You can make well over 400whp with the gt3071 but if you're wanting more you might as well go up to the GT3582. That way you can run much less boost and still make amazing power, which is much safer on an engine than running the shit out of a smaller turbo and they still spool pretty well. Hell, I just saw they sell the GTX series. Get the GTX3582R and it'll spool like the 3076 but make tons of power.
    Last edited by ryanMR2; 10-24-2011 at 08:24.

rawr

Quote Originally Posted by ryanMR2 View Post
    I'm guessing their GT30R is similar to what the rest of the world call the GT3076. It makes only slightly more hp at slightly less boost but you sacrifice some spool. You can make well over 400whp with the gt3071 but if you're wanting more you might as well go up to the GT3582. That way you can run much less boost and still make amazing power, which is much safer on an engine than running the shit out of a smaller turbo and they still spool pretty well. Hell, I just saw they sell the GTX series. Get the GTX3582R and it'll spool like the 3076 but make tons of power.
    too early.... my brain is full of fuck

btw i still havent ridden in the car since the cams lane

rawr

after thought,

all cars run better with a big cam in the car

heh heh heh

I think I'm gonna go with the one with the quicker spool since my cams are a higher duration. And cam I'll take you out for a ride sometime, we should have a mountain drive or something soon!

today I started fitting a sub box for my s4 and I have to say its a bitch custom fitting it to the car

Modifying my headlights to turn them into HID's....been kinda a pain figuring out the bulb mounting

Then glued it together and letting it set up now

well almost got the headlights done but had to work on them some to get the bugs out.....I will never do this again EVER AGAIN. I hate messing with headlights now, but I can get them out of my car and apart in like 6 mins so I've gotten good at it.

got it all mounted and all but the shields inside the projectors are upside down so APART THEY WILL COME AGAIN!!!! FML

wanted to take a pic at night so I walked infront of the S4 looking at the camera not the lights and took the pic (looking at them but through the camera). Put the camera down to walk back to turn them off and they hit me and I yelled out in pain as they crispafied my retina.

I saw the light and only saw pain in it lol
    Last edited by QuattroKid; 02-17-2012 at 01:13.

Still a n00b

I'm not even exaggerating this fact, but starring at the lights in the pictures even disrupts my eyes! Am I the only one experiencing this awkwardness?

finally finished with the bumper I've been working on for a long time it seems. It's a full custom front bumper I've made for my car to fit a front mount inter-cooler.

this is just the base coat and damn is it shiny!

this is the bumper with clear on it

when monday comes around its going on the car

bumpers on the car and it looks good just need a front mount intercooler

Well since this last drive and my car having horrable brake fade I've decided to put the big brembos on her so I'll be able to stop and go fast lol

Last edited by QuattroKid; 03-11-2012 at 21:43.

+ Reply to Thread